LG Mobile shut down its smartphones division, promising that existing handsets will continue to get software upgrades until the summer of 2025.
LG has made the painful choice to terminate its mobile phone business in order to focus on other companies that would give customers with new experiences and value.
LG phones will continue to be available as long as stocks last.LG Mobile will fully respect the limited warranties on LG products.
In compliance with relevant rules and agreements, LG Mobile will continue to supply software and security updates, as well as replacement components.
1. Will my phone still work?
A. Yes, your current LG phone will continue to work with your service provider.
2. What does LG closing its mobile business mean for current and future devices?
A. It means LG mobile phones and tablets currently on the market will no longer be sold after current inventories are depleted. LG will not be introducing new models into the market in the future.
3. How long will LG mobile products be available for purchase?
A. LG mobile phones and tablets will be available for purchase until inventory is depleted.
4. Will customer service be available to LG phone users after the closing down of the mobile business?
A. In the United States, LG will fully honor its standard limited warranties included with each LG mobile phone and tablet.
5. How long will repair parts be available?
A. LG will continue to provide service parts through the end of your limited warranty period and/or the period required by the laws of your state, whichever is greater. Parts may be available for a longer period depending on your carrier.
6. Will I still be able to buy mobile accessories?
A. Supplies may be limited for various accessories, such as protective cases.
7. What is the status of LG’s Second Year Promise program?
A. This no-cost extended limited warranty program will be fully honored, continuing for those who register their eligible new phone by the deadline. For more details, please see https://lgpromise.com/us/en/pages/claim/home.
8. Will operating system upgrades continue to be provided?
A. LG may offer certain OS upgrades for select models. If you have questions, please contact (800) 793-8896.
9. Will software updates continue to be provided?
A. Yes. Additional details will be provided in the near future.
10. How long will LG applications and services continue to be available?
A. Applications and services will continue to be available and updated in line with the current policies. Relevant information regarding availability will be announced in advance of changes.
11. What are LG Electronics’ plans regarding the LG ThinQ app that monitors and controls home appliances?
A. The LG ThinQ app will continue to be available for download on both Google Play and iOS App Store so consumers can continue to use the LG ThinQ ecosystem of smart products and services.
12. Besides phasing out smartphones and tablets, what about other LG wireless devices?
A. LG wireless headphones, earbuds and Bluetooth speakers will still be available from LG Electronics.
13. How will customers’ personal information be properly handled?
A. LG mobile phones operate on your carrier network using the Android operating system and can run third party apps and services.
LG will continue to handle any personal information it collects via its apps and services in accordance with its privacy policies.
For product registration and customer service, please see https://www.lg.com/us/privacy.
Otherwise, please see the privacy policies of Google, your carrier, or the third party services.
14. What happens to the personal information stored on my device?
A. Personal data on your phone will remain accessible to you as your phone remains fully functional. To the extent you store data on a cloud service by a carrier, Google or other third party provider, consult with the terms and conditions provided by such provider.
15. What will happen to the QLens and PC Suite / LGST / LGCM (Connection Manager) / LG Mirror Drive services?
A. We at LG Electronics sincerely thank you for using these services over the years. We regret to inform you that they will be discontinued as of July 31, 2021.
If you are using LG WING verizon keep track.