GTA RP servers create “virtual communities” for players to play characters; learn how to play on PC
Looking to play as a peaceful shop clerk or a police officer in GTA RP then our guide will show you how to download the best GTA roleplaying servers.
The success of GTA V inspired the creation of GTA RP servers , an online mod in which players create characters and “live” their respective stories in an organized virtual community, choosing professions, interacting with people and even having children.
Remember Second Life? The proposal is the same: you have a virtual life, but interpreting your characters is the supreme rule! After all, “RP” comes from “roleplay”, which means “to interpret”, “to stage”. See below how to play GTA RP.
How to play GTA RP
Attention: because they are made with mod, without any official support from Rockstar or consoles, GTA RP servers only run on PCs .
- Download FiveM from the program ‘s official website
The most popular PR servers use the FiveM mod , a program that allows the creation of servers in a more simplified way — but that still requires technical knowledge of programming;
- Install FiveM
Click on the downloaded app and it will start installing;
- GTA V check
FiveM will ask you to select the GTA V executable file. Access the folder and select GTA V. This step is mandatory for FiveM to confirm that you own the game and will run the servers;
- Rockstar Files and Launcher Update
Once the executable file has been chosen, FiveM will ask for authorization to update its files. Accept the update, it will download the mod files that allow the use of GTA V as the base of the RP servers.
- Launcher by Rockstar Games
During verification, the Rockstar Games launcher may display an error message claiming that you do not have administrator rights. If this happens, you will have to open the launcher and wait for FiveM to complete the verification — this may take a while ;
- Login to FiveM
After verification is complete, FiveM will open and ask you to create your account. If you created an account on the site, before installation, you can login by checking your browser;
- search for a server
Login done, it’s time to look for a server. In the upper left corner of the screen is “Play”. Clicking the button will take you to the server search screen. FiveM will show you a list of active servers. However, some of the more popular ones may require registration.
GTA RP Servers
If you are interested in the idea of playing some GTA RP, there are several Brazilian servers for you to start your story. Servers are free, but players can transact in-game. See some of the most popular GTA RP (listed alphabetically)
Owned by the esports organization Loud, the server has already had promotional actions from iFood, Brahma and Anitta’s participation. Enrollment is done by filling out the form and interview. The server announces the opening of registrations on its social networks and Discord.
City of Angels
Created by influencer FunBABE, Cidade dos Anjos is open for registration.
Launched in June by the player Ronaldinho Gaúcho, registration is open. Volkswagen is a partner of the server and brand cars, including Audi, are part of the Cidade R10 universe.
Like GTA RP Cidade Alta, Complexo is part of an esport organization — in this case, Fluxo. MC Poze do Rodo has already performed on the server. Enrollment is done by filling out a form. The server announces the opening of registrations on its social networks and Discord.
NoPixel originated in the United States, but has a dedicated server for South America — in addition to RPs for Spain and India. Your registration is also done through a form.
What are the main rules of RP servers
As much as each server has a different moderation, or is hosted in another country, they all have several rules in common. Violating a server’s rules can lead to a player’s ban.
- Never leave roleplay: inside the game you need to simulate at all times that you are living your character’s story . Respecting roleplay is the maximum rule on servers. Under no circumstances should you break character. Was there a technical problem? Warn the moderators in the communication channels, which is usually the server’s discord
- No “metagaming”: the term used for using outside information within the PR. Does your friend already participate in a server? When entering the same RP, you need to get to know each other as if it were the first time . Watching a stream to find out where a player is is also metagaming.
- Love of Life: Don’t do anything in the game that you wouldn’t do in real life. Not reacting to robberies, not running over someone, not taking care of other people’s lives. Even if you “come back to life” after “dying” in the RP, that’s not a play authorization to put your character in risky situations — don’t throw yourself out of a plane, for example. The same goes for killing players outside of accepted conditions, such as in faction wars or disputes between police and criminals.
- Respect for others: PR servers are communities, we can even call it a virtual society. And just like in real-world society, respect for others is fundamental. Servers do not accept discrimination of any kind . The Complex even cites Art.3, item IV in its rules.
On the most popular servers, which have sponsor actions, there are also rules that prohibit behavior that is harmful to partner companies — such as carrying out robberies with a sponsor’s vehicles.
You can infer one thing from the standards of the rules: a GTA RP server is the closest we have to the metaverse – and you don’t need a virtual reality headset to play. Just a computer with settings to run GTA V.